martes, 31 de mayo de 2016

SPOILERS!! JOHN WESLEY SHIPP HABLA DE SU NUEVO PAPEL EN FLASH

The palette is wide open. The thing they love to do at the end of the season is they introduce so many different elements that could go in so many different directions. 

For me, personally, as an actor, Henry Allen was rather closed-ended, he was there for a purpose, he served his purpose, it was time for him to die. 


The fact that I’m now getting to morph into an entirely different character that is so important to the Justice Society of America, which also bleeds into “Legends of Tomorrow,” he’s such an important character to this whole world – it just opens up enormous possibilities for me as an actor going forward, and the challenge for me, having played Henry, is that I now get to create an entirely different character going forward. And how that affects Barry – because Barry’s going to want to lean on this guy who looks just like his father but is not his father – that can create a whole bunch of psychological conflict too. 

I’m as excited as you are to see how all of this will play out.


Jay does not know the emotional minefield that he’s walking into. Of course, Barry’s gonna look at this guy, and when the iron mask first comes off… it’s really heartbreaking, he shrinks himself.

 It’s really amazing. If I were to lose my father, and then there was someone there who looks just like my father, my impulse would be to want to go and get the same things from this guy that I got from my father. 

This guy’s not going to know any of that, he’s not going to understand it, so I hope there are those awkward moments where Barry tries to get from Jay what he got from Henry and it’s not gonna be forthcoming, and they’re going to have to make their own peace and form their own relationship based on the reality of what is. That opens itself up for all kinds of psychological possibilities.


I’ve got to tell you, I had a lot of insecurities, a quarter of a century later, putting on another superhero suit, but the entire cast – Tom came and talked to me; at one point Grant brought the camera up and turned the monitor around so I could see the way the scene was lit in the suit, and they were all like “look at this!” Jesse [Martin] was saying, “I’m so glad that you’re doing this.”

They really wrapped me in a lot of affirmation and made my insecurities about — a quarter of a century later — playing another superhero a lot easier for me.

No hay comentarios: